Posted By: Averetek Channel Chat /
Imagine you're hired as a new employee. On your first day, you’re sent off to your desk with little more than directions to the nearest bathroom. At the same time, you’re expected to hit the ground running and do your job well.
Does this sound familiar? Unfortunately, it’s true for many of us, at some point in our careers. Regrettably, the same goes for many channel partners.
Many companies neglect to ensure that their channel partners are not just receiving content but reading and using it to its maximum potential
- Throw a launch party! Launch your marketing efforts with a group of like-minded channel partners. You'll deliver your expectations in one fell swoop, and you'll energize your channel partners in the process. They will retain more information, and they will feel like they are all part of something bigger.
- Make training fun and easy. Help your channel partners better understand your products and/or services by serving up training in new, innovative ways. Try
gamifyingthe process for higher engagement and better retention of information.
- Automatically disperse training materials. It will always be important to use a personal touch to ensure that the right channel partners are getting the right content for their needs. With that in mind, automation will help distribute content in a way that drives demand and helps your channel partners meet their engagement, traffic, lead and sales goals.
- Continually ensure that training materials are relevant to the partners. Reinforce your partnerships by providing a consistent stream of updates. Share your knowledge, let them know about updated features and talk to them about your latest promotions. They will appreciate your willingness to keep them current.
- Provide content with an appropriate, customized level of branding. Enablement content provided to partners can often be used for customer and prospect training. Consider the level of branding that you provide your channel partners with as it will depend on their level of sophistication. Smaller partners with fewer resources may appreciate content with your look and feel, with opportunities for reuse to add their own messaging. Other partners may want an equal blend of design and copy space. For your most sophisticated channel partners, provide the right substance for their own templates.
- Ask your partners for the types of content that they need to be successful. How often do you communicate with your channel partners? If you're just pushing content to them without checking in, it's time to right the ship. Check in with your channel partners and ask them specific, pointed questions about how your content is helping them achieve their goals. What's going well? What isn't? How can you help take things to the next level? In the end, this kind of attention to detail will benefit your channel partners as well as your business.
With consistent communication and a willingness to keep evolving, you will keep your channel partners engaged in your content. This will enhance the quality of the content that you provide and deliver the results that your channel partners want to keep working with you!