Posted By: Averetek Channel Chat /
The digital landscape is a crowded place. Even established brands can get lost in the cacophony of content that fills the Internet if they don't have a clear content plan. Useful, helpful and engaging content is paramount. Sharing content through channel partners offers additional opportunities to stand out. Here's how to help channel partners become more successful with content:
Create Core Content
Develop useful, engaging pieces that tell the story of who you are and what you have to offer potential customers. Offer relevant information that reflects your independent efforts to gather insights into your industry and inform the work you do.
- Create core content, then adapt it to different forms: blog posts, infographics, video, slideshows, et cetera.
- Research and understand which content formats appeal most to potential customers.
- Adapt content to the social media platforms that target customers use most.
Develop A Consistent Content Schedule
Create a consistent flow of content to channel partners so they can personalize it and share it with customers and prospects, thereby increasing the likelihood of the content being found in search and social. A steady stream of content will also help channel partners stay engaged with your sales and marketing programs, and up to date with industry trends. Consistent content also helps channel partners build followers and online traffic over time.
Help Channel Partners Distribute Content Effectively
Don't just hand over content and cross your fingers. Offer channel partners a strategy:
- Ask them to distribute content on a schedule so the content gets exposure multiple times over the course of a few months or more.
- Offer parameters for "boosting" posts according to how much engagement they receive, and how relevant they are to current industry trends.
- Optimize any images or video to make sure they render properly across different social platforms.
- Give channel partners ideas for introducing links to posts on social media - it's not enough just to post a link and call it a day.
Quality content will get attention, but a successful content effort will likely not happen overnight. Take heart: Encourage partners to do the right thing by staying true to what you and they know best and creating quality content around it!
To better maximize sales and ensure channel partners are complementing the content you provide, make sure to keep track of the content's performance over time and be ready to adjust when necessary. Measure:
- Social media engagement.
- Content shares.
- Website traffic.
- How long people spend reading content.
- Where web visitors go once they're done reading your content (do they leave or stick around the site?).
Ask channel partners to offer insights on how the content has helped them deliver value to their customers. Check in regularly to ensure the process between you works for everyone and is delivering the right results.
With quality content and a plan for your channel partners, content will not only get noticed but also drive the traffic needed to increase sales.