Posted By: Mike Moore, Averetek /
To assist with planning for next year, SiriusDecisions, a global business-to-business research and advisory firm, has published the research brief, Channel Marketing: Planning Assumptions 2019.
There are five key recommendations made in the brief:
- Involve channel partners in the work you’re doing around customer experience. Their close relationship with customers can provide helpful input that can identify pain points as well as opportunities to enhance loyalty and trust.
- Channel demand planning must be data-driven, not just using internal data, but partner and market data must also be factored into program design. Services like Lead Essentials can used for market-sizing and account mapping.
- Perform an annual check of your channel program to ensure it aligns with the goals and objectives of your company. Consider whether you have the right resources and tools in place to support your growth plans.
- It’s time to take on the partner journey much like your direct colleagues have developed a customer journey. Aligning communication, programs, and resources with the needs of partners at each stage of their journey will improve the partner experience and drive loyalty and growth.
- Getting channel partners to generate demand using marketing campaigns continues to be a struggle as many still resist the undeniable influence of digital marketing. Consider the role that a partner marketing concierge may play in training, engaging, or working on behalf of, or holding partners accountable for your program. These resources can make a significant difference in program success.
I encourage you to read the full research brief for more detail on each of the recommendations. Through our partnership with SiriusDecisions, we’re able to make the full research brief available free of charge. You can download Channel Marketing: Planning Assumptions 2019 here.